I think it's ironic . . .
- A cyclist rides a bike.
- A biker rides a cycle.
- At our daughter's school concerts, the second band plays first.
- At our daughter's school concerts, the first band plays second.
- At my office, the systems group has team meetings.
- At my office, the Web team has group meetings.
- A naturalist studies nature.
- A naturist prefers to be au naturel.
- God is dead, according to Nietsche.
- Nietsche is dead, according to God.
- (Nietsche is god, according to The Dead.)
- Iceland is mostly covered in green.
- Greenland is mostly covered in ice.
- In the mail, I receive a bill and pay for it with a check.
- In the restaurant, I receive a check and pay for it with a bill.
- Many women want body in their hair.
- Many women want no hair on their bodies.
- North Dakota has some hills named "The Killdeer Mountains."
- South Dakota has some mountains named "The Black Hills."
- Put all the suits in the garment bag.
- Put all the other garments in the suitcase.
- The privates eat in a general mess.
- The general eats in a private mess.
- We drive on the parkway.
- We park in the driveway.
- When we transport something by car, it's a shipment.
- When we transport something by ship, it's cargo.
I have a drawer full of screwdrivers, none of which have cords,
but they are not classified as "cordless."
Now, here's a picture of a cordless screwdriver: